History and Mission
The Edmonton Children’s Choir was founded in 1993 by Anne Maclntyre in the central Edmonton community of Belgravia. Many years later, after travelling literally around the world, having recorded seven CDs and been heard across Canada on the CBC Radio network, the choirs have grown to include a Primary Choir, Junior Choir, Junior High Choir, and a Youth Choir. While we’re still proud of our local community roots, we are now proud to represent the entire greater Edmonton region as the EDMONTON Youth & Children’s Choirs.
The mission of the EDMONTON Youth & Children’s Choirs is to prepare singers for performances of the highest standard, explore and expand their knowledge of the repertoire, introduce our audiences to the beauty and power of this music and to develop strong characters with insight, cultural awareness, respect and self-discipline. We achieve these goals through regular rehearsals and performances, recordings, participation in workshops and festivals and by touring locally and abroad.
- 2019 – First Prize, Mixed-Voice Youth Choirs, National Competition for Canadian Amateur Choirs.
- 2019 – Finalist, Honourable Mention, National Competition for Canadian Amateur Choirs.
- 2019 – EMBERS, Youth Choir CD recording.
- 2018 – Spotlight Performance, PODIUM 2018 (National Conference), St. John’s, NL.
- 2018 – Newfoundland, England, Scotland Tour – Youth Choir.
- 2017 – Playing with Fire, Youth Choir CD recording.
- 2016 – Newfoundland Tour, Junior High Choir.
- 2016 – South Africa Tour, Youth Choir.
- 2014 – Gold Medal, Youth Choir Category, World Choir Games, Riga, Latvia.
- 2014 – Gold Medal, Spiritual Category, World Choir Games, Riga, Latvia.
- 2013 – Nova Scotia Tour, Junior High Choir.
- 2011 – First Snow, Youth & Children’s Choir CD recording.